Conisbrough and Denaby Cllrs Update
Hello Folks and welcome to our update the first for some considerable months. Covid-19 has caused many disruptions and deep upset for some people. However, I am hoping that with the return of Conisbrough in Focus magazine we can start letting you know of the relaxing of the government’s regulations and the return to local matters. However we are still keen to emphasise the fact that social distancing is very important and the best way to keep yourself and others safe.
· I would like to take this opportunity to start off by thanking everyone who has done anything for anybody to help during this crisis. All of you are the unsung heroes at this time.
· The three ward councillors as a team have been working throughout this time to support people at the very heart of our village especially those who are vulnerable and have been at risk and those people who needed to shield for 12 weeks. We have been delivering food parcels each week to those that have been shielding, prescriptions and making welfare telephone checks.
· Councillor Nigel Ball has been working tirelessly in his role as a Cabinet member coordinating for the South area and at the same time working in partnership with Conisbrough Community Events to promote and develop DN12Live which I do hope everyone is tuning in to this excellent Radio station.
· Councillor Lani Ball has worked extremely hard keeping in touch with the people she has been dropping food parcels to and coordinating volunteers and creating a total of 500 Craft Packs in conjunction with the Ministry of Craft shop. Get Crafty was a project created by Cllr Lani Ball who worked in partnership with MoC. This was funded by COVID-19 ward allocation for community projects aimed at tackling isolations. £3k was allocated to order the various arts & craft materials for 500 bags.
· Councillors and a few volunteers put the packs together over the space of a few days and Councillors and volunteers delivered them to shielding & elderly residents. Every primary school received 50 bags. We would like to thank Sandy, Bri, Mo & James for helping us deliver them across the community in the space of a few days.
· I have been working with the Friends of the Crags to have some distance markers put around the Crags to enable people to start sensible exercising and walks around the Crags whilst still keeping socially distanced. I am also working with the Conisbrough Music Fest on a project to help young vulnerable children learn a musical instrument to help reduce their isolation and have opportunities that would not normally exist.
· It is still too early to say for definite when indoor meetings of any number of participants will take place again but obviously all three of your Ward councillors are available by email or telephone as we continue to deal with day to day issues.
· Please support your local shops and businesses within the Ward as they start to reopen.
If you have any concerns you can contact me on
Tel: 07514 930425
Of one of your other Cllrs
Tel: 07718 155829
Tel: 01709 326299
Warm Regards and see you next month……
Cllr Ian Pearson