Hello Folks and welcome to our next update. Covid-19 continues to affect the country. The government are continuing to change the rules almost daily on occasions and are now bringing in localised lockdowns in areas of high r numbers. Unfortunately even with localised lockdowns this has a knock-on effect to the wider areas. At the moment in our Ward we have an increased spike in antisocial behaviour which includes flytipping (please note that the tip has now reopened). We are also seeing significant off-road bike usage through the villages and across the Crags and although the police are doing what they can with their resources to contain this, the only way to truly stamp this ASB out is by a community effort to report any activities of this nature being immediately reported to the police and to the Council. The police have already seized more than a dozen illegal bikes and with the help of our residents as a community hopefully we can stamp out these dangerous drivers.
· We would like to thank our community for supporting our local shops and pubs for helping them to survive through this crisis.
· We continue to receive enquiries from members of the public even though at the moment we still are unable to launch the re-opening of our surgeries. Information is available on social media and we post regular updates on there for the community to keep in touch. Also our contact details can be found at the rear of this magazine.
· We continue to campaign jointly with Rotherham MBC for speed reductions along the A630 Sheffield to Doncaster road and this is proceeding in a positive light.
· Our first litter pick for several months took place on the 1st August 2020 and thanks for our volunteers this was a success. Our next litter pick takes place on the first Saturday in September subject to the latest government guidelines.
· A number of projects such as the sewing of wildflower seeds have had to be put back due to the pandemic so these will take place now in 2021 at the start of April.
If you have any concerns you can contact me on
Tel: 07514 930425
Of one of your other Cllrs
Tel: 07718 155829
Tel: 01709 326299
Warm Regards and see you next month……
Cllr Ian Pearson